Tuesday, December 16, 2014

That Dang Breast Pump! Ugh!

Now, I know you breastfeeding mamas have experienced this... right? Or am I the only one?

Caution: Mama Rant ahead...

I'm sitting in my desk at work, or worse, standing in front of a classroom full of teenagers, and I feel "the tingle." I know that I'm leaking, and it's only so long before I must hustle my way down the crowded hall with my pump on my shoulder to sit in that oddly quiet, deserted classroom that has been designated as my pumping space. 

As I rush to get all "hooked up," I'm getting milk all over my pants, the chair, my hands...you know, exactly what I wanted to happen before I have to rush back to the classroom looking like I've been in a water balloon fight. Try explaining where you've been to your class, even without the wet dots on your pants. "Why do you leave everyday, Mrs. Boyd?" "What is in that bag, Mrs. Boyd?" Well, kids, my baby needs to eat...even when I'm not there. Catch my drift, class? "Hahahaha!" That's the response. 

Anyway, I finally get everything in order, and suddenly, THERE IS NO MILK! How is it that milk is dripping out everywhere, and it never fails that as soon as you hook that thing up to save all of that precious "liquid gold," all of your milk miraculously just sucks back into your boob and won't come out!!! I mean it was JUST dripping, and now I can't even SUCK it out?! Seriously? 

And then I sit there for 20 minutes and pray that I can at least get two measly ounces. 

Rant over. 

Is this a familiar view?

No comments:

Post a Comment