Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Seeing the Beauty in Ordinary Things

Time slow down.

 He’s already 3 months old. I just had him yesterday, right? He smiles, rolls over, holds my hand, recognizes my voice, smell, and the way I cuddle him when he is sleepy.  

Watching him learn about the world around him, and seeing how amazed he is at the most ordinary things has been a gift. I get to see the world through a new set of eyes.


His most recent discoveries are the lights and ornaments on our Christmas tree! He may not have any clue about the true meaning of Christmas, and he may not remember this year, or celebrate the gifts he will be given, but oh, how much he has gained from this beautiful time of year!

Photo by: Delaina Marie Photography
To celebrate Price's 3 month Birthday, we spent the day at Bass Pro Shop having lunch, doing a little Christmas shopping, and letting Price meet Santa for the first time. It was a great way to celebrate him, and get into the holiday spirit! 





Speaking of Santa... I'm so glad that we don't have to explain it to him this year. How do we keep Christ in CHRISTmas and enjoy the fairy tale of Santa? I want to make sure that we find a way to make this season NOT about the gifts once he's old enough to understand it. 

How do you do it?

Also, what about those creepy little elves on shelves? I know that they are an incentive for your child to behave well (and I know that they are fun!), but shouldn't they be trying to behave well all year, and shouldn't they be doing it for reasons other than "the elf is watching and will report back to Santa?" What will they do when the elf is gone? 

All of these new mama questions, oh my!


Thank goodness, he stayed asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment